We are preparing Ubuntu MATE Wily Werewolf (15.10) for distribution on October 22nd, 2015 With this Beta 2 pre-release, you can see what we are trying out in preparation for our next (stable) version.
People tell us that Ubuntu MATE is stable. You may, or may not, agree.
Ubuntu MATE Beta Releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Ubuntu MATE Beta Releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Ubuntu MATE, MATE, and GTK+ developers
What changed since the Ubuntu MATE 15.10 Beta 1 release?
Here’s what changed in Ubuntu MATE 15.10 since Beta 1.
- Migration MATE 1.10 is complete.
- Atril now supports ePub.
- MATE Sensors Applet now supports NVIDIA GPUs.
- For more details see the MATE 1.10 Release Notes.
- Added Lightning Calendar plugin to Thunderbird, including Google calendar support.
- Added new community contributed “Keep Calm” wallpaper by Tim Apple.
- Updated Blueman to 2.0 - Manys thanks to the Xubuntu team for helping with this.
- Now uses BlueZ 5.34.
- Brings many Bluetooth improvements and fixes.
- Updated Plank to 0.10 - Now has icon zooming and improved window dodging.
- Update Galculator to 2.14 - Fixes LP: 1474571
- Updated Ubuntu MATE Welcome to 184.108.40.206
- Correct the category Ubuntu MATE Welcome is listed under.
- Highlight the Software button.
- Added Asunder.
- Added FileZilla.
- Added Iced Tea (Java) browser plugin.
- Added Pulse Audio Volume Control.
- Added Rapid Photo Downloader.
- Added SuperTuxKart.
- Update text for GIMP to mention that CMYK plug-ins are included.
- Workaround for Marco crashing on some IGPs.
- A proper fix is available upstream and will be made available as an update soon.
python-caja. Caja Plugins were completely broken.
Ubuntu MATE 15.10 Download
Join the fun and experience a retrospective future.Download
Here are the known issues.
- Upgrading from Ubuntu MATE 15.04 to 15.10 does not work reliably.
- A patch for this is pending and will be included in the October 15th release candiate.
- LP: 1499078
- Depending on your location Ubiquity may trigger an
- The work around is to install without an active network connection. This affects all flavours.
- LP: 1462688
- The menu used in the openSUSE panel layout crashes.
- This is fixed upstream and an update for GNOME Main Menu will be published soon.
- Using CTRL-Z in Caja to undo file/folder deletion will cause Caja to crash.
- This is fixed upstream and an update for Caja will be published soon.
- LP: 1490161
- Running Linux on PowerPC can require some tinkering and the following are useful references.
You’ll also want to check the Ubuntu MATE bug tracker to see what has already been reported. These issues will be addressed in due course.
Is there anything you can help with or want to be involved in? Maybe you just want to discuss your experiences or ask the maintainers some questions. Please come and talk to us.
The comment section for this old article has been closed. There were no comments. :(
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 Release Notes
Ubuntu MATE 19.10 Release Notes
Ubuntu MATE 19.04 Final Release
Ubuntu MATE 18.04 and 19.04 for GPD Pocket & Pocket 2
Ubuntu MATE 18.04 Beta 1 for Raspberry Pi